Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem
Støtt hjemmeautomasjon.no!

Nest X Yale

Anbefalte innlegg

I had to do a lot of mcGyver stuff;)

You need to drill a bigger hole for the front piece. Also, for it to be attached, I had to cut the round metal (se pictures) so it got all the way into the door.

You can then use the original pins - but i needed some adjustments ( and you need other screws).

The back piece also needs some adjustment. I had to build it out by cutting a similar shaped piece of an piece that is supposed to be in a IKEA closet. You can use whatever you have available. 

I did not use the original lock bolt. I used just a cylinder extension and the original locking case. At last I took out the little square piece inside the original nest lockbolt (the one that the pin comes into). I cut this, and then clued it onto the cylinder extension so that its tight when the motor turns around and locks. This last step might not be necessary on other extensions, - but mine had some backlash that resulted in  a door that could`t open (motor moved a while before actually rotate the lock).

69542475_1213110992194332_7219009094433112064_n.jpg

Endret av Torill Iversen
  • Like 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Oh wow. You weren't kidding about the McGyver-ing! Congrats on getting it to work successfully, it sounds like you really know what you're doing when it comes to this stuff - unlike me, I'm not very familiar with replacing locks in general, and when I set it up at my previous place it was simple because it was the kind of deadbolt lock that the Nest is made for.

Now I only wish you had made a step-by-step video of how to do this and put it up in YouTube! I'm afraid I'm liable to mess up my door trying to do this myself. Would it perhaps be worth speaking with a locksmith do you think?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Can I ask what your original lock used to be? Was it a mortise lock (like so: https://images.app.goo.gl/ibhzfcXZTTupEy8B6) or just a traditional deadbolt. In my door, the handle and lock are connected like in the image above and my concern is that I will need to somehow fill out the hole that remains when I remove it if I'm going to be able to mount the Nest/keep the handle secure.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ahhh, I wish I had thought of an video myself! 

I have never done anything with a door before I started on this. I used an old door, took out the lock and just tried understanding the parts and then figure out what had to be done. I actually had a locksmith over, but he said it couldn't be done ??. I knew it could, because my brother had done it already. 

Sending a picture of approximately how the dor case looked like. 

Since I didn't have the tools, (or the skills), I used a carpenter to do the cutting and so on, - I just had the plan of which steps that needed to be done. 

Screenshot_20191202-083230_Chrome.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

That's awesome, and smart work testing it out on another door before trying your main one!

The door case you linked, is this the one that was already in your door before the Nest and you replaced it with something else? Or is it the one you ended up getting to work with the Nest?

I ask, because it looks very similar to what's in my door already which, if you managed to get it working with this, gives me a lot of hope that I can do it too!

(You also don't happen to be in Stavanger and can recommend a good carpenter by any chance? Haha)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

16 timer siden, Mike skrev:

(You also don't happen to be in Stavanger and can recommend a good carpenter by any chance? Haha)

I can. Call Front Bygg, ask for Aadne.

However, if you aren't currently rebuilding and the carpenter is at the scene, it will be cheaper to get a new lock... ;) 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...

Hey there! I have a few days off until the new year and think I will give this a crack! Do you happen to have a link to the Cylinder Extender that you mentioned you used? Just want to make sure im using all the right pieces!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
On 14/08/2019 at 09:01, Moskus said:

Vi var en gjeng som gikk samlet sammen og bestilte direkte fra Yale. Det store trikset var å få fatt i en Z-wave modul fra Yale som av tilpasset Europa, for hvis du bestiller en vilkårlig lås får du sannsynligvis en US-Z-wave-modul og den kan du ikke bruke her...

Ser at Clas Ohlson i UK selger Z-wave modul til Yale - den bør vel kunne brukes.

https://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Yale-Z-Wave-Module-2/p/Pr195030000

/Helge

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 5 måneder senere...
På 1.12.2019 den 16.58, Torill Iversen skrev:

I had to do a lot of mcGyver stuff;)

You need to drill a bigger hole for the front piece. Also, for it to be attached, I had to cut the round metal (se pictures) so it got all the way into the door.

You can then use the original pins - but i needed some adjustments ( and you need other screws).

The back piece also needs some adjustment. I had to build it out by cutting a similar shaped piece of an piece that is supposed to be in a IKEA closet. You can use whatever you have available. 

I did not use the original lock bolt. I used just a cylinder extension and the original locking case. At last I took out the little square piece inside the original nest lockbolt (the one that the pin comes into). I cut this, and then clued it onto the cylinder extension so that its tight when the motor turns around and locks. This last step might not be necessary on other extensions, - but mine had some backlash that resulted in  a door that could`t open (motor moved a while before actually rotate the lock).

69542475_1213110992194332_7219009094433112064_n.jpg

Beklager å vekke til livet en gammel tråd, men holder på med samme prosjekt sjøl. Husker du hva du gjorde for å få skruene som går gjennom låskasse og fester utedelen til og passe. Hull i min låskasse har en del større avstand enn utedelen til nest

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Vi har plassert informasjonskapsler/cookies på din enhet for å gjøre denne siden bedre. Du kan justere dine innstillinger for informasjonskapsler, ellers vil vi anta at dette er ok for deg.