Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem
Støtt hjemmeautomasjon.no!

Anyone able to track electricity prices in Home Assistant using @funny0frank's API?

Anbefalte innlegg

hello! I posted this in @funny0frank's API thread, but was advised to make a new topic in the hopes of getting a bit more traction :) 

I've recently switched providers from Tibber to Lyse (long story) and therefore no longer have access to the Tibber API. So, was looking for something precisely like @funny0frank's API to be able to pull electricity rates for here in Stavanger into Home Assistant. Previously with the Tibber HA integration I had a card on my dashboard that would display whether the electricity rate at any particular time was some variation of "Very Cheap" to "Very Expensive" and that allowed us to know whether it was worth running the dishwasher/washing machine or not.

I'd like to recreate this (or some close-enough approximation) if possible, however, my code-fu is pretty abysmal - i can manage a bit of yaml but mostly i just crib from other people's work and tweak what I can figure out haha.

I've been trying to game it out in my head how to run it. I'm thinking I would need to:

• poll the API, once a day at midnight, to get the electricity rates for the coming day
  • store that data somewhere
  • create a sensor in Home Assistant that then looks at that data every hour to display the relevant price for that hour
  • create a template sensor that changes the price into categories of "Very Cheap", "Cheap", "Normal", "Expensive", "Very Expensive" based on defined ranges

(The last part, while not necessary, would really give it that extra WAF that makes home automation popular in our household!)

Does that sound about right? I'd be interested to know if anyone here has managed to use @funny0frank's API in home assistant to create something similar?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Mike skrev (32 minutter siden):

Does that sound about right? I'd be interested to know if anyone here has managed to use @funny0frank's API in home assistant to create something similar?

I think most of us are using the Nordpool integration instead because that is a lot more easier.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

yes! i looked into that but Nord Pool for some reason doesn't provide data for Stavanger/Rogaland. I reached out to their customer service and they couldn't give me a straight answer as to why, either 🤷‍♂️

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Mike skrev (14 minutter siden):

yes! i looked into that but Nord Pool for some reason doesn't provide data for Stavanger/Rogaland. I reached out to their customer service and they couldn't give me a straight answer as to why, either 🤷‍♂️

Stavanger is in the NO2, Kristiansand region

Bidding areas | Nord Pool (nordpoolgroup.com)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Vi har plassert informasjonskapsler/cookies på din enhet for å gjøre denne siden bedre. Du kan justere dine innstillinger for informasjonskapsler, ellers vil vi anta at dette er ok for deg.